Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Plaid Blouse 4 Ways Until Sunday


Today I had fun with this plaid blouse from Target but I think the ideas could work with other plaid tops as well.

Target plaid blouse, Massimo Dutti sweater, Gap skirt (on sale!), Zara shoes (cute heeled version) , Deux Lux purse (similar, similar), D&G sunglasses, Target hoop earrings
 
Pattern mixing is as stylebloggery (totally a word, spellcheck) as it gets. Still haven't attempted it?  Try a peek of plaid under a sweater with leopard (or striped!) shoes. Keep the rest of the outfit neutral and try to pull colors from the sweater (here, the gold accents) or top (blue purse and skirt) to keep things from going to crazytown.
 

Target plaid blouse, thrifted vest (similar), H&M skirt (similar, similar), thrifted shoes, thrifted purse, Target earrings
 
But if you are like me and big fan of visiting Crazytown pair the top with another bold pattern. The trick is to keep the patterns in proportion with each other. Or if the patterns are different sizes pull them together with a similar color scheme. Again, unless you are some kind of color/pattern mixing genius like Natalie Joos keep the rest of outfit simple. Oh man, if there was any kind of reason AND not 5 inches of snow on the ground I'd be wearing this.
 

Target plaid blouse, vintage skirt (expensive but similaralso expensive, sorry also expensive but pretty) , ASOS bracelet, Sam Edelman booties (only a size 9.5 left so here's a similar, and um these might end up in my closet)
 
I feel bad for this outfit. I did a terrible job of making sure it looked nice before I photographed it. I usually do all this while the 2 younger girls nap but today the baby woke up early and we made a game of me putting her on the opposite side of the room and her racing (crawling) to me, and me racing to photograph the outfit. Pretty hilarious.
 

Target plaid blouse, Maison Scotch tee (similarsimilar, similar) Current/Elliott jeans, Steve Madden boots (similar, similar)
 
My floor person is trying to get away from something. Heheh. But at least "she" looks cute doing so. I realized my first 3 outfits were skirts and I wanted something weekend-y. Because plaid was made for weekends. And weekends for plaid.
 
So what do you guys think of this new format? Any feedback? Any comments or critiques would be most welcome!

4 comments:

two birds said...

I love this new format! And I love that second outfit. Why don't you just go ahead and pack that up and send it my way, m'kay??? If outfit #1 fits, I'll take that, too. :)

Thrifted Shift said...

These are great! I like ALL the outfits!

About Last Weekend said...

You are styleblogigeous Delicious! I love the first and last outfit, esp first, wearable and fresh without too much 90;s grunge - although I know! that grunge is back in. Love how the last is running - where to?

rlutz said...

Oh my, that second outfit is fabulous!! i love that vest mixed with the leather!